The Library presents the USMA Digital Commons (https://digitalcommons.usmalibrary.org/), an online platform for scholarly publishing, making West Point's research, scholarship, and creative content openly accessible to the world. USMA Digital Commons contains intellectual contributions from cadet, faculty, and staff authors, spanning the entire range of academic disciplines here at West Point.
Theses and dissertations by faculty and staff are included in the USMA Digital Commons; simply search for them by Collection (which includes Department and Research Center listings), author's name, or discipline.
There is a paper collection of previously submitted faculty & staff theses and dissertations. These are shelved in the 4th Floor Reading Area and may be borrowed on the same terms as other circulating books.
USMA faculty and staff authors are encouraged to contribute their electronic thesis and/or dissertation (ETD) to USMA Digital Commons. In order to submit your ETD:
1) Navigate to the main USMA Digital Commons homepage: https://digitalcommons.usmalibrary.org/
2) Click “Submit Work” button in the left sidebar menu
3) Browse to the USMA department you are currently assigned to and click the corresponding “Faculty Theses and Dissertations” button under the department name
4) The button will take you to a bepress.com page, where you should follow the instructions to create a new user account. An email with a confirmation link will be sent to you.
5) Upon following that confirmation link, review the submission agreement, and then complete the submission form with descriptive details about the publication, and either upload or link to the full-text document.
Library staff will make the posting public after reviewing the submitted information.
There is an Author FAQ at https://digitalcommons.usmalibrary.org/faq.html